Google and #kernelnewbies channel logs

Dear kernelnewbies team,

please note that this is not a privacy flame or *anything* like that, just a
slight concern I have...

I am aware that the #kernelnewbies IRC channel is logged and have in fact
used the logs at:

http://vengeance.et.tudelft.nl/~smoke/log/kernelnewbies/

myself to look things up. Great resource! :-) However, someone just made me
aware that even google searches those logs. If you for example type "grub
mem=nopentium" in a google search box, you are presented with a link to:

http://kernelnewbies.org/logs/index.php3?depth=3&year=2002&month=February&day=2

and I can't say that I was aware of that and am in fact not particularly sure
if I'm all that pleased with it. As soon as something gets published on the
web in a "bot accesible manner", harvester bots will for example find it to
be a great resource. Perhaps it was simply naive of me but I haven't been a
paranoid IRC user upto now; if someone asks for email adress, they usually
get it and so on.

Additionally, if some poor newbie comes across the logs during a websearch,
he might even be intimidated out of coming to the channel itself, knowing
that everything they say is going to be google-archived for all posterity.
(yes, I know it's just nicknames).

As said, just a slight concern; at the very least I know it just made *me*
feel less free on the channel.

If google-accesible logs are deemed a good thing tho, would it be a good idea
to make this clearer on kernelnewbies.org?. If you click the link to the logs
there, you are put in an "ftp-like" directory which I don't think many people
(not me at least :-) will immediately recognize as something google will also
pick up...

Otherwise... many thanks for a lot of valuable kernelnewbies resources!

Rene Herman