trying to write a framebuffer driver

I have been using vmware recently, and I have been trying to make a framebuffer
driver.

My problem is that I get these unresolved dependancies on a basic module that I am
just trying to install.

vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_get_var
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_get_cmap
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_set_disp
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_pan_display
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_get_fix
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_install_cmap
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol find_pci_device
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_do_set_var
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_set_cmap
vmwarefb.o: unresolved symbol fbgen_set_var

find_pci_device should automatically be in the kernel, because pci support is built in.
The framebuffer generic functions should also.
I am at the end of my experience (actually further than that).

Any help would be appreciated.
My code is available here:
http://members.rogers.com/jpt.d/vmwarefb-0.1.tar.gz
http://members.rogers.com/jpt.d/vmwarefb.c

The code compiles with quite a warnage. Any feedback would be helpful. My goal right
now is to detect the virtual machine's video card. That code is in the init function.

Regards,
Jeffrey Drake