avoding copyin and copyout

Hi All,

On our MIPS based embedded board, we do not have swap space. In
our driver we need to pass huge data from user land to kernel land
and vice versa. Without using copy in and copy out, can we use the
vitual address of the user land directly in the driver. Our
understanding is that copy in and copy out is required under 2
conditions: we have swapping or we use the buffers in interrupts
and we do not have both these conditions imposed on our driver.

On looking at the way copy_in and copy_out happens, it looks like
it ultimately does a mem copy; so from kernel land kernel is
accessing user's virtual addresses. So shouldn't just accessing
the virtual addresses work?

Thanks in advance
Raghav