What is the current zerocopy status?

Dear list members,

I am a bit confused about the state of the zerocopy support in LINUX and
will appreciate any info on that subject.

In particular:
Does NFS client use zerocopy? if yes how? From what version
Does NFS Server use zerocopy? If yes, how? From what version
Does Sendfile system call use zerocopy? I have seen that this is maybe
the only place it is really in use.

Does zerocopy for LINUX mean only support for the transmit side for
"scatter/gather + checksum" capable NIC cards?

Can someone point me to documentation on what has been changed in
sockets in this regards?

What about the receive side, there are smart chips that can split NFS
headers from payloads for example, so payload theoretically can go
directly into file system buffers if they pre assigned and the Ethernet
driver knows when to use them?

I have seen interesting support on FreeBSD for those next generation
hardware and I am wondering what the LINUX position on it is.

Thanks so much in advanced.

Cheers,
Ephi