From: Joerg Eggink [mailto:joerg.eggink@ccrle.nec.de]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 4:27 PM
To: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org
Subject: time measurements

Hello all

How can i make time measurements smaller than 1 milliseconds in a kernel
module.

I try it with the jiffies value but I get always the same output value
because the time is to short.
But I'm not sure what jiffies is. Is it time in seconds, milliseconds or time
ticks or something else ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards

Jörg

Joerg Eggink
Network Laboratories Heidelberg NEC Europe Ltd.
Adenauerplatz 6
D-69115 Heidelberg, Germany

email: joerg.eggink@ccrle.nec.de
http://www.ccrle.nec.de