setsockopt doubt in kernel

Hi,
I have following doubt in the implementation of setsockopt.
I have observed the the socket option SO_REUSEPORT is not implemented in
Linux(2.4.2-2).

I read in TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 2 that on systems which does not
support SO_REUSEPORT
for complete duplicate bindings: reuse of both ip address and port, can
be achieved by SO_REUSEADDR.  But this is not allowing me to bind on the
same port and address more than once.
I am getting error adress already in use.

My doubt is how SO_REUSEPORT is implemented in Linux, if at all it exists?

Thanks in advance,
Raju.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.