Re: blocked I/O and printf

> While debugging a multi-threaded app I attempt to use printf's to watch
> the blocked thread's progress.  Even if I do fflush(stdout) the output
> sometimes does not appear.  Any suggestions on how to force this output
> to appear?

One dumb method is to try after stopping syslogd. Hopefully it will show
up on your screen. You may try that. But it may be difficult for you to
see it on your screen. I have heard of something called serial-consoles
which may help you with the viewing problem. Can someone throw some light
on - what are serial consoles ? I suspect that there is a man-page on that
among the source on serial consoles.

-Pradeep