about ipv6...

Hi guys,

I hacked part of the route.c under /net/ipv6. I made modifications to
ip6_route_output, trying to change the destination address, so that a
different interface will be chosen. This will then affect the hash_val
that will be calculated under neigh_lookup (ndisc.c) used for neighbour
discovery.

I tested the codes listed below in the user-land and everything is okay.
However, when I merged it into the kernel and it always goes into kernel
panic at the memcpy statement. I must apologize as I am not well versed
with c and always made silly mistakes over pointers. I would appreciate
it if anyone can help point out my errors.

Thanks in advance.
Jon.

The codes are basically:

struct in6_addr *daddr;

my_function(daddr);

(in another file)
void my_function(struct in6_addr *addr)
{
  struct in6_addr *newaddr;
  memcpy(&(*addr), &(*newaddr), sizeof(struct in6_addr));
}