Reading a file using its inode* from kernel space

For our predictive prefetching system, we need to prefetch
a file into page cache.

We have the superblock* and inode number of the file. We
get the inode* using iget(). Now the file has to be brought
into the page cache. The page can be read using
read_cache_page ??.

Is this a viable approach, or can some other method be used.
The main issue is that when the prefetched file is actually
read, it should find that the page is already in the page
cache.

Thanks in advance.
Swapnil.