Re: Learning

On 21 Jan 2002, Andrew Ebling wrote:

> In my opinion, with CPUs getting ever faster plus recent memory
> technology developments that reduce memory access latency, yet hard disk
> access remaining slow (in comparison) it is now worth spending more CPU
> cycles on getting memory management "right".

That "Gig" CPU of yours won't help you much when your box is thrashing
helplessly, the idea to low overhead is to allow the box to do some work
even under extreme duress. The last thing i'd like to see are the VM gods
targetting large boxen only, from there your average box will suffer
horribly unless under the lightest load.

Regards,
	Zwane Mwaikambo