Re: help-me - task_struct

 --- Pichai  Raghavan <ragh_avan@rediffmail.com>
wrote: >
> Why cannot a generic void pointer be put in the task
> structure so that any one get to his private
> structure using this pointer?

It is a good ideia, but how to include the void
pointer? I added a integer (it has the same size of
void pointer) in the task_struct (in the end) and I
created two syscalls, one to set the value of the
integer of current process (set_i) and other to get
the integer (get_i). It is wrong.  get_i returns a
different value from the one that set_i placed.

Eduardo O Bode

> I have seen this kind
> of thing atleast in RTOSes where due to reentrancy
> the library functions needs to make copies of
> structures for every task; they simply hook pointer
> to these structures into the task structure. This
> makes things easy since u do not have to build
> individual tables and these tables are available to
> u readily when the task wakes up.
>
> My 2 cents
> Raghav

Yahoo! GeoCities
Tenha seu lugar na Web. Construa hoje mesmo sua home page no Yahoo! GeoCities. É fácil e grátis!
http://br.geocities.yahoo.com/