Re: Shall i do a new linux MM documentation?

Hi Mohan,
		I would also like to assist you in this task.

regards,
Supreeth.

On November 29, 2001 07:36 am, mohan kumar wrote:
> SUBJECT: Planning to do some documentation on linux
> 2.4.1 memory management
>
> hi all,
> I was searching the net for documentation and did not
> find any thing clear enough. So iam planning to do it
> and make it look the way any newbie wants.

Absolutely you should.  This is the best way for you to really understand
the
code and if it results in a new useful document, that's good for all of us.

> The things i plan to put in the document are(every
> thing will be for the i386 arch):
> 1. Introduction to memory management.
> 2. Introduction to memory management in Linux.
> 3. A list of functions and macros used for mm.
> 4. A state diagram explaining the state changes.
> 5. A number of detailed flowcharts explaining the
> internals of mm code(i realy want to represent whats
> happening).
>
> Can some one help me in finding documents that would
> serve as inputs for my work (i have already googled).
> I also need ur ideas how this can be done. Also, if u
> have already seen a document like this please give me
> its link.

try lksr.org

Also, 'Understanding the Linux Kernel', O'Rielly

--
Daniel

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.