IDE driver to control IDE devices

Hello,

I have IDE/ATA disk on my system and  I have driver been loaded for it. I am writing another standalone driver which  is a kernel module which can directly talk to this IDE/ADA disk controllers. This driver has to send some hardware command to this disk controller and get the information from the controller and also this is not at all communicating with the native driver . I am not sure whether such  driver would exist or not.

-Vany