Re: Kernel Panic Aeiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hi,

To interpret this message you need that address after EIP xxxx:
That is where the instruction pointer was when the error occured.
Now if you want to debug this, then what you should do is lookup
/usr/src/linux/System.map and find the function in which this address
lies.

Note: You maynot be able to grep for the complete address since System.map
just lists the starting addresses of each function and the error could
have occured some other place inside the function.

You can go further that this by find the offset of this instruction from
the start of that particular function, and narrow it down to the
particular instruction.

There is more to this...so if u are interested, I will be happy to provide
further details. Lookup the oops-tracing.txt document first though.

Since you are confident that the panic occurs on loading your module, it
likely you have a dangling pointer somewhere in your code. Try compiling
you module into the stock kernel...meaning dont make it a module, compile
it directly into the kernel

Regards,
Amit

--