Performance testing tools for Linux TCP/IP

Hi All,

We are in the process of measuring some of the performance parameters of IP
protocol of our router in the Linux environment. While measuring the
throughput parameter, we are facing some practica problem in generating the
packet of some specific packet rate (like 10,000 packets per sec, 50,000
packets/sec). We could generate the burst packet rate for IP protocol, but
not the equally distributed packet rate. Can you suggest any available tool
for meauring the throughput (and other performance parameter like packet
loss, latency and etc,.,) for IP protocol.( we could find many tools in the
net for TCP/UDP protocol).

If tools are not there, please suggest me the logic that can be used to
generate the packet rate (non-burst) in the linux environment.

I would appreciate if you also suggest me any of web-site which has relevant
information regarding the performance measurement for router.

Thanks and Regards,
Mouli.