again idt handlers...

Hi!

I have implemented a handler for a IDT entry (exception 1 -
trace/breakpoint). This handler shall be called when this exception occurs.
However, something is wrong: when I have an application that explicitly sets
the flags to trace-mode, this handler is called; when I set up the debug
registers with an address (and enable it in dr7), it is not! I suppose that
it is because of the address I'm setting up - it must be a «linear address»
and I think I'm using just the offset. How can I get the linear addr? Is
there a function/macro in kernel?

The address I'm using is one that is passed from the process to my kernel
module.

--
Luís Henriques