Problem with printk()

Hello list,

I have a Problem with the printk function in a kernel module.

For debugging my kernel module I've insterted some printk's.
If I use char, integer and  long, everything works fine. But I need
two floating point variables printed to check the corrcet function.

So in my header file, I've defined:

#define DOUBLE double

In im my Source code I call:

DOUBLE d_Result = 0;

d_Result = (DOUBLE) l_InputValue / (DOUBLE) l_OffsetValue;
printk("d_Result: %f\n", d_Result);

But in the kernel buffer only the following is shown:

d_Result: %%f

Can somebody tell my why this dont work under Linux?
I think its a problem with the printk, but I don't find a solution
under Google.

My System is a SuSE 7.1 with the 2.2.18 kernel and the
cc version is 2.95.2

Thank in advance for your help.

Eric

the system manager.