Re: Regarding about NETLINK implmentation

Hi Guys,

First I'll like to thanks everyone for giving pointers on kernel socket programing.
Appreciate it.

Jon,  for question 2. I believe we could use something like

struct iovec[2];
whereby the first iovec[0] can hold the header info, and iovec[1] the user data.
As for the other 2 questions, i'm interested to know the answer too. :)

Don

>>> "Jonathan Khoo" <jonath-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp> 10/04/01 08:39AM >>>
Hi guys,

I have several questions regarding about NETLINK implementation. I hoped
someone can show me some pointers here:

1. What's the philosophy behind using iovec or the ancillary data for
passing messages? How do we decide which is better or perhaps more
appropriate to use?

2. Can I have 2 struct iovec in a msghdr?

3. Is NETLINK similar, in a loose sense, to PF_ROUTE for BSD?

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers,
Jonathan

-