Re: [apostle-developers] design

hi guido,

> > setting entry 0 in page table 0x07fda000 to
> 0x07fd0008
> Maybe you mistyped something here, 'cause the last
> address should read
> 0x000b8007. Please verify.

iam correct here... it is not 0x000b8007 but its
0x07fda000

i put an extra printf into the sys_port_enable
function in the nucleus.

it shows that only the first port (as coded in the
init main.c... i dont remember the number now as iam
mailing from my office. i will give the port number
this evening.) is enabled. the second is NOT enabled.
this is the exact point where i get the gpf.

if every thing is correct i assume that two printf's
in the sys_port_enable should happen, with the
appropriate port numbers. but that dosent happen.

so i think the port is not enabled. and the reson for
that is the wrong entry where page table is set to
0(as in the begining of the mail).

as this address is not pointed by the page table
entries its throwing a page fault(cos' if the entry
was 0x000b8007 as said by u... that would be a valid
page table entry for the page fault address
0x000b8000).

so, am i correct or i have got it all wrong ;-)

also, i will give more info today evening.

Mohan S