Re: loading a module

thanks for ur quick response Mr.mouli

the reason why want the module concept is i m not allowed to recompile the
kernel. Actually we are adding a patch kind of a thing for the kernel that
comes with RedHat 7.1(2.4.2-2).The user programs should be able to use the
new system call.
Is there a way to accomplish that.
I tried modifying /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit adding a line
"insmod mymod.o"
it solves my problem
but as our's is a product i m looking for a more elegent solution.

thanks and regards,
mohan.

-