Re: error when compiling hello.c

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:19:44PM +0530, kannan ram wrote:

> Hai,
>  I have gone through Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide.I tried to run
> the simple module hello.c.when I compiled I got teh error message
> /usr/include/linux/modversions.h#error Modules should never use kernel
> headers system heads(this is the message from the that header file)
> I am using Red Hat Linux-7.1 and the kernel version is 2.4.2-2.
> What went wrong?Thank u in advance for spending time for me

The KMP guide is very out of date and also wrong (a new version is being worked on).

Please read the FAQs at www.tux.org/lkml and www.kernelnewbies.org/faq/

john

--
" It is quite humbling to realize that the storage occupied by the longest line
from a typical Usenet posting is sufficient to provide a state space so vast