Re: Problem after compiling kernel 2.4.6

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 07:28:37PM +0530, Daniel Marian wrote:
>   I was able to successfully build kernel 2.4.6.
> Now in the earlier kernel(2.2.16-22) I had smbfs (samba filesystem)support.
> While compiling the new kernel(2.4.6) I forgot to include the smbfs support,
> Is there a way that I can include smbfs support without re-compiling the new kernel(2.4.6)

Compile it as a module and insert it into the running kernel.

> Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
> is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
> exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
> recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
> proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
> information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
> notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
> from your records.

Could you please remove this legal crap? It is (a) complete and utter
nonsense, and (b) larger than the message itself. I don't consider it
*my* problem if Wipro employees can't send their email to the correct
recipients.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl
-