Re: FAQ: #define ... do { ... } while(0)

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 12:44:05PM +0300, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:

> Well, the kernel FAQ doesn't state its mission and scope. So, I guess it is
> intended to help people to learn and understand the kernel, at any level from
> the hardware to the application. Why are there CPU-related answers in the FAQ
> if they can be found on many hardware sites?

the rationale for the kn FAQ is simple - if we see lots of the question on lkml,
kernelnewbies, or #kernelnewbies, then eventually it gets added.

Basically because it's quicker for us to type "read FAQ" than an answer ;)

> intended to help people. I think it's bad that it isn't answered the way you
> propose -- the current answer is rather obscure for an unenlightened (whom
> the answer is supposed to help).

I don't see this, anyway, erikm has updated it.

regards
john

--
"Khendon's Law: If the same point is made twice by the same person,
 the thread is over."