Re: VxWorks Kernel v/s UNIX Kernel

Lots of differences. VxWorks is real time os
That means an entirely different set of objectives and hence a completely
different design
VxWorks is just a minimal set of OS functionality and is completely
modular.
u can include whatever features u want.
u can chuck out fs support, net support and anything which u consider is
redundant for ur embedded application.
Also it offers no memory management. Any process can corrupt and other
process' memory.
VxWorks AE is the latest from wind river which is closer to unix,
in the sense that it differentiates between kernel space and process
space, and offers protection and priviliges
it adds a lot of features which makes it easier to use.

be more specific in ur query and u can get more information.

Asheesh Joshi wrote:

> i want to know the primary difference between the VxWorks Wind Kernel
> and the UNIX Kernel.  can anyone breif me on this?
>
> -regards
> asheesh
>
> -
> IRC Channel:   irc.openprojects.net / #kernelnewbies
> Web Page:      http://www.kernelnewbies.org/
begin:vcard
n:Sharma;Anuraag
tel;work:080-2241730 Extn 1316
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:anuraag.sharma@wipro.com
fn:Anuraag Sharma
end:vcard

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.