Re: your mail

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:16:23PM -0500, Ravindra G C wrote:
> 	The error message I get is "dereferencing pointer to incomplete
> type"

That is usually a sign that you didn't include the proper header files,
or are trying to compile a module in an incorrect way (i.e.: without
-Wall -O2 -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/path/to/kernel/include).

> 	hello Mouw, do I really need to configure the device? I just want
> to read what's there in the configuration space of the device.I think
> the bios must have taken care of allocating irq etc .Infact my
> 'lspci' lists that device

Depends on the BIOS. The BIOS in my laptop only configures the PCI
devices needed to boot the system (IDE controller and VGA), all other
stuff is configured by the kernel. Besides, even if the BIOS configured
some devices, the kernel may still decide to override that choice.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl
-