Re: Newbie

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 03:29:43PM -0700, Venkat Raghu wrote:
>         Just a basic question. I am writing a
> driver "A". From "A" I want to write into a device
> using driver "B" {B is already written by some one
> else}. I want to know how to call the functions of
> driver "B". Say I want to call ioctl
> function "B_ioctl" of "B", so just calling
> "B_ioctl" is enough or any other procedure
> is required.

If driver A has to use functions of driver B it usually means that you
should rethink your design. Parts (or maybe all) of driver A should be
done in userland.

There are situations where you really to call functions of another
driver, but in those cases the drivers are layered, like for example
the line disciplines on top of the serial drivers.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl
-