Re: Seeking kernel params from an active running kernel.

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 03:57:18PM +0300, Lior Kesos wrote:

> I'm trying to write something that can analyze a running kernel and
> return the kernel parameters that kernel where compiled with
> (getting to the original autoconf.h that the kernel was compiled with).
> I thought of using ksyms but to then I understood that represents only
> the loaded symbols and thus the precompiled module I haven't loaded yet
> won't show on that check.

you can't really do this at all.

> How does the kernel "know " that a module or kernel is available for

it doesn't. when it needs to load a module for some reason, it calls
into user-space to load the module for it.

regards
john

--
"Do you mean to tell me that "The Prince" is not the set textbook for
CS1072 Professional Issues ? What on earth do you learn in that course ?"