RE: mlock

-----Original Message-----
From: root@multitech.co.in [mailto:root@multitech.co.in]On Behalf Of
karthik
Sent: Sunday, 2 September 2001 1:45 PM
To: V.Chandramouli
Subject: Re: mlock

> If a module wants to use a function which exists as a system
> call but not as an exported symbol, then logically speaking one
> should export that function by recompiling the kernel.

do u mean to say whenever  i have to add a new module i have to recompile
the
kernel so that the kernel calls i am using is exported ?

No, generally whenever you write a module with the existing exported
functions,
there is no necessity to recompile the kernel.

But if you need some other kernel function which is not exported, then you
will
have to think whether there is some alternate function exported. If not then
think you will have to export that function from the kernel.

Kindly address to kernelnewbies email id also so that we can have more ideas
from other people too.

Regards,
Mouli.

-