Hardware Offloading Mellanox

Hi together,

I recently read about the topic flowtables and hardware offloading.

Thankfully I also have some up to date mellanox NICs, so I tried to utilise these NICs for our firewall. So far I recognized that we must assign the representors to the flowtable but right now I was not able to assign an IP to these representors. Instead that only works for the virtual functions. Is there maybe a “recommended” way how I can implement a “normal” statefull firewall using hardware offloading using these mellanox NICs?

I am aware that we probably will missuse this functionality a little bit but in case it works or anyone has some experience we are interested in some insights :).

Thanks!
Flo
--
Florian Ritterhoff - Zentrale IT
Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences