libnftables way of deleting a rule

Hi,

I'm porting a program (written in C) that currently uses iptables to nftables, trying to not change a lot of the internal concept of said program. The program currently uses execute() calls and calls iptables directly via these. I wanted to at least use libnftables, and everything seems to works quite well, I just have a problem with deleting rules. I read through the code of libnftables, but I couldn't find a way to get the handle of a rule I added. In iptables, this is no problem, you just give the rule again to delete it. In libnftables though I need the handle. Currently, I'm looking into libnftables-json, but I would prefer not to use it just to get the handles. Is there a better way of deleting a rule than parsing the JSON for them? Maybe even with libnftables directly?

Best Regards,
Arne