Re: Is there an efficient way to delete multiple elements from a set?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 00:13:37 +0200
Anton <anton.khazan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While this is better in theory, in practice no performance improvement
> is observed. This sort of detail is worth paying attention to in a
> loop. In a single operation, the 0.01s saved is insignificant.

It's not true that it is only worth paying attention to in a loop but I won't argue about it here. Suffice to say that it depends, in part, upon the ability of the program reading from the pipe to perform useful work while reading. There are plenty of programs that can. It seems that nft is not such a program, which I suppose makes sense.

Anyway, if the performance of nft seems unusually bad for deletions, it could be bug material.

--
Kerin Millar