Optimize fails on a large ruleset

Hi,
I hope this is the right channel to reach out for support, the wiki mentioned this mailing list.
I'm having trouble optimizing my large ruleset of 26000+ lines.
When I run 'nft -c -o -f ruleset.nft', after the while processes, I get the following error:
nft: optimize.c:423: merge_verdict_stmts: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

My ruleset mostly consists of just 'ip saddr x.x.x.x/xx counter packets 0 bytes 0 drop' Hope you can help, as I'm facing very bad performance with this list, however I have no choice because I need to block all of these addresses.
Thanks!

(i could not attach the file due to your service's policies, however i am using x4bnet's lists_vpn on github)