[libipset] How to read packet counter of a single item?

Hi,

1) Which libipset function can be used for getting
the packet counter value of a single entry in the set/list?

Using the function ipset_parse_line(ips, line) I can issue
most of the ipset functions, but I need also a method
for getting the packet counter for just a single item only,
ie. not the output of all items as "ipset save" does.
I need to do this in C/C++ (hence libipset in Linux), ie. not in script.

2) man ipset says
"test SETNAME TEST-ENTRY [ TEST-OPTIONS ]
Test whether an entry is in a set or not. Exit status number is zero if the tested entry is in the set and nonzero if it is missing from the set."

But the TEST-OPTIONS are not further described or documented.
What test options are possible?