Extending an IPv4 filter to IPv6

Hi all,

I have an old program (ipqbdb) which filters IPv4 packets using libnetfilter_queue. I want to extend it to also filter IPv6, now that at last I can use some of those addresses.

The program obtains a handle by nfq_open(), and then (after unbind) binds by nfq_bind_pf(h, AF_INET). Afterwards it creates the configured number of queues and filters the packets it finds there.

There is a big DEPRECATED in the documentation, and the generated doc for nfq_bind_pf() parameters says "This call is obsolete, Linux kernels from 3.8 onwards ignore it" (which is obviously false).
https://netfilter.org/projects/libnetfilter_queue/doxygen/

So, the first question: Can I keep using these functions?  What is the alternative?

Second question: Is there a "mixed mode" parameter, besides PF_INET and PF_INET6, that allows to capture both types? In that case, can a queue receive either packet?

Any other suggestion about extending to IPv6 is probably going to be appreciated.

Thank you
Ale