Re: Incomprehensible behavior

Am Donnerstag, dem 03.08.2023 um 17:04 +0200 schrieb Florian Westphal:

> What do you expect that line to do?
>
> This accepts all packets, so all trailing rules
> are bypassed and chain policy has no effect.

Yes, it is so.

Obviously, I completely misunderstood. I had always assumed that
unicast, multicast and broadcast were something like a lan-technical
messaging system, such as is needed (as example) for router
advertisements or icmp. I assumed, that they must not be blocked for
error-free LAN operations, a bit like ICMP-V6.

It is really complicated to find the right way.

Thomas