Re: Nftables + ALG + Linux 6.1.0-10-amd64 …?... is it a kown Problem?

toml <toml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> After updating my server from Bullseye to Bookworm I noticed that my
> NFT rules seem to be causing problems lately. Upon closer inspection,
> the running process came to a virtual halt with a kernel-panic-message
> in the journal.

Please report this panic message.

> # ls /proc/sys/net/netfilter/net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_helper
>     ls: File not found
>
> I cannot enable the conntrack-helper with '1'.

This workaround was removed.

You need to assign the helper to use in your nftables ruleset.

ct helper ftp-standard {
    type "ftp" protocol tcp
}

And then, from a prerouting chain:

tcp dport 21 ct helper set "ftp-standard"

You might need to do this from output too if you need
this to work from the machine itself as well.