Re: nftables: Internal error when checking rules

On Sunday, March 26th, 2023 at 02:46, Serg <seentr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today I have encountered strange behaviour of the `nft -cf` - I receive
> an error message with an exit code 1. The error message is
> "internal:0:0-0: Error: Could not process rule: File exists".
>
> My configuration consist of several files and I have found one that
> causing this error - it is set with a list of networks in CIDR format.
> The file is pretty big - it takes 15K on its own (it does not contains
> any rules at all, just a single set).

Hi Serg,

The only reference to "File exists" I could find was in the test linked
below, so maybe that's a starting point.

https://git.netfilter.org/nftables/tree/tests/shell/testcases/sets/0057set_create_fails_0

That leads me to search for NFT_MNL_ACK_MAXSIZE, and into

https://git.netfilter.org/nftables/tree/src/mnl.c

where the mnl_batch_talk function has a socket receive buffer of that
size.  It could indeed be that your set contents are just to large and
you need to break it into several smaller "add" pieces???

Eric