DNS answer packet (UDP) can´t catch´d by application

Hello,

first of all - i am new to this list. please be tolerant of minor mistakes on my side.

I am running into a problem where DNS queries get a timeout. The original post is https://github.com/rancher/rke2/issues/3924

After some tests and research we saw that a DNS answer packet (UDP) does not reach the application. But tcpdump shows that the answer packet comes into container right in time. Application sends another packet after 5 sec. If the answer packet drops three times the application reports an IO timeout.

Problem occurs more often some minutes after having high network load inside the container.

netstat presents a counter  "|packet receive errors". This counter increments if a packet get lost.|

Udp:
    1482 packets received
    0 packets to unknown port received
    217 packet receive errors
    1699 packets sent
    0 receive buffer errors

All measures are made in inside container. The application runs inside this container too.

Host runs on:

Linux version 5.10.0-20-amd64 (debian-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1 SMP Debian 5.10.158-2 (2022-12-13)

containerd github.com/k3s-io/containerd v1.6.14-k3s1 6f9c63d571f5026e85a0768f0f2ef03d1c8dbc6e

Does anybody know how to fix the problem, how to do better diagnostic or where to go with that?

Thank you in advance!