Re: nf_conntrack_helper replacement?

Am 20.12.22 um 23:55 schrieb ToddAndMargo:
On 12/20/22 12:01, Reindl Harald wrote:
you need exactly ONE "-m conntrack --ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT" rule as the first of your ruleset which handles UDP and TCP (aka don't specify -p)

[!] -p, --protocol protocol
       The  protocol of the rule or of the packet to check.
       The specified protocol can be one of tcp, udp,
       udplite, icmp, icmpv6,esp, ah,  sctp,  mh  or
       the special keyword "all"

Is leavingf off the "-p xxx" the same and "-p all"?

surely

If so, I am no sure tht I feel confortable opening
up "udplite, icmp, icmpv6, esp, ah,  sctp,  mh"
as well.

you do not open anything - when you don't even understand that "RELATED,ESTABLISHED" only hits RESPONSE packets and so there must have been any rule accepting the initial packet of a connection please refrain for setup fireall rules

how do you imagine a ESTABLISHED state packet can exist in a protocl you didn't accept the initial connect packet?