Re: Fwd: proper ICMPv6 syntax for specific daddr

On 2022-09-08 11:13, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
you removed the limit line in the set declaration ?

Yes, after I failed to get the right syntax to combine it with the ICMP type.

If you would like to throttle icmpv6 echo-request, the::

table ip6 filter {
         set ping6 {
                 typeof ip6 daddr . icmpv6 type
                 limit rate 5/second
                 elements = { aaaa:43:a:83::2 . echo-request,
                              aaaa:43:a:83::3 . echo-request,
                              aaaa:43:a:83::4 . echo-request }
         }
         chain input {
                 type filter hook input priority filter; policy drop;
                 ip6 daddr . icmpv6 type @ping6 accept
         }
}

Thanks. I wouldn't have found that syntax in a quintillion years.

Please, see the wiki for more examples on concatenations and sets/maps.

I've gone through it. As someone who's been programming and configuring computers for over forty years, I can tell you that the wiki documentation is not good. It seems to be written by and for nft developers.