Re: Validating this is the right conntrack ruleset

Thank you; I appreciate the help with clarity. The most important
takeaway for me was that there are implicit return packet/replies
rules that don't need to be in the opposite hook (output for input,
etc).

The example was excellent to illustrate this too.

For the sake of completeness; would the 'implicit' return packet rule
be 'ct state established,related ct direction reply' ? Example:

table inet legacy {
    chain root_in {
        type filter hook input priority filter; policy drop;
        ct state established,related accept
        iifname "lo" accept
        meta l4proto ipv6-icmp accept
        tcp dport 80 fib daddr type local ct state new accept
    }
    chain root_out {
        type filter hook output priority filter; policy drop;
        ct state established,related ct direction reply accept
        iifname "lo" accept
    }
}