Re: ebtables complains about the speeding up example

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 5:24 PM Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where is this documentation? If you could point to the URI, I can
> update it and remove it.

My apologies, I inadvertently erased the link when I switched to
"plain text mode".

http://ebtables.netfilter.org/examples/basic.html#ex_speed

This link and the information has been shared for years on the Internet, e.g.:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Network_bridge#Speeding_up_traffic_destinated_to_the_bridge_itself
https://serverfault.com/questions/927213/linux-speeding-up-traffic-destinated-to-the-bridge-itself

So, if the command or the related info are wrong, I think it would be
wiser and kind to update/correct it instead of removing it. I however
think that it is incomplete and my lack of xytables skills prevents me
from solving this problem by myself.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 5:24 PM Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is your usecase? Or maybe you just found that documentation and
> you added this rule?

I have set up a RPi as WAP on ArchLinux (I've created a bridge br0,
bridged it with eth0 through systemd-networkd and with wlan0 through
hostapd). As stated in the docs' example, this simple set up is not
optimal, hence the above command.