Re: nftables >= 0.9.8: atomic update (nft -f ...) of a set not possible any more

Dear Florian and Stefano,

thanks so much for your fast response!

Unfortunately I am not really able yet to apply a kernel patch, because that would be the first time at all I modify the kernel and I am afraid of being locked-out again in case Debian afterwards updates the kernel with a newer version which still is affected of the bug. I am not so familiar with that, because for stability and security reasons I usually always leave my Debian installation as they are.

However, I am able to compile nftables itself and replace Debian 11 Bullseyes version 0.9.8 with 1.0.1, but this version still contains the bug. Once there is an update to 1.0.2 and this bug is fixed, compiling and replacing the 0.9.8 version with it should be enough, or is still a kernel patch required in that case?

Kind Regards,
etkaar