how to mark a prerouting package so it will go through my ip route rule

Hello everybody,

I got the problem that I got multiple interfaces and routing and I got a nat subnet and the packages coming back from the nat network go trough my default routing table instead of one for the interface the package entered the nftable, so I need to have a way to have the package coming back in from the nat network to be marked.

I found the following wiki page and tried the following:
https://wiki.nftables.org/wiki-nftables/index.php/Setting_packet_metainformation

# ip rule show from all fwmark 0x1 lookup 100
32762:	from all fwmark 0x1 lookup 100

table ip nat {
	chain prerouting {
		type nat hook prerouting priority 0; policy accept;
iifname "enp8s0" ip daddr 123.45.67.89 icmp type echo-request mark set 0x00000001 ct mark set mark dnat to 192.168.25.25
	}
	chain postrouting {
	}
}

But the icmp reply coming back from 192.168.25.25 is not being picked by my ip rule fwmark.

Can somebody give me an example how to track prerouting nat with an fwmark for ip rule?

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong