Re: nft set load metrics

> It's possible to extend the interface to expose this, but how useful
> is this?

cristian: imo, it is important from the operational point of view to
monitor the size of the sets. from an implementation point of view,
since the sets can grow to very large sizes, reading large packets
over netlink sockets just to count the elements in the sets does not
seem very efficient.

the nft user space tool has a switch which turns off showing the set
content: '-t', however it will only show the name of the set and the
flags. I also did not check if this feature is offered at the socket
layer or if the elements are actually read from the kernel but not
displayed.

thanks,
cristian