which example to use?

I'm looking through the examples trying to figure out what they do.
Which one should I be using to get a callback when an interface goes
up/down, or when an ip address changes?

(Would be nice if there was a readme in the examples folder with maybe
just 1 line explaining what the various samples are attempting to do.)

Thanks,

Stéphane Charette