Need two routers in tandem to implement BGP38?

Background: Part of the requirements/suggestions of BGP38 is that you block both inbound and outbound traffic with unroutable source addresses. The former to protect one's self, the latter to protect the rest of the world. Also, it appears that rp_filter isn't implemented in the kernel for IPv6, but I could be mistaken. (I'm also not thrilled about SEC being "protected".)

Problem: the rp_filter module extension, according to the documentation, works only in the raw/PREROUTING or mangle/PREROUTING tables. Will the module also work in, say, mangle/POSTROUTING? That's the first table that is fed from both the local output path and the forward path.

Bonus: will it work for IPv6 in both raw/PREROUTING and mangle/POSTROUTING?