Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flowtable with ppp/bridge

Hi
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 06. Mai 2021 um 00:55 Uhr
> Von: "Pablo Neira Ayuso" <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> rfc6691 says that TCP MSS is:
>
>    The maximum number of data octets that may be received by the
>    sender of this TCP option in TCP segments with no TCP header
>    options transmitted in IP datagrams with no IP header option

right, tell receiver which size of tcp-payload sender can handle, wonder about "IP datagrams" which remembers to udp but have nothing to do with tcp. i think mss does nothing for udp, am i right?

> By "flowtable condition" I'm not sure if you're refering to the "flow
> add" statement through.

right, the "flow add" line with the condition (in my simple example all tcp/udp)

>    chain FORWARD {
>         type filter hook forward priority 0; policy drop;
>
>         tcp flags syn tcp option maxseg size set rt mtu
>         ct state vmap { established : jump FORWARD_established, related : jump FORWARD_established, new : jump FORWARD_new }
>    }
> }

Thanks for the example, i wonder about this:

established : jump FORWARD_established, related : jump FORWARD_established

so established and related are moved to the established-chain, so far so good, but you wrote in previous mail, that forward-chain is only processed for syn-packets only (first 2: syn and syn-ack), so imho there should be no established connections there.

regards Frank