Re: Flowtable with ppp/bridge

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 08:08:05PM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> Am 26. April 2021 19:57:03 MESZ schrieb Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 07:51:11PM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> >> Hi Pablo,
> >>
> >> Is alex' guess right and i need to use physical interface instead of
> >> the virtual one?
> >
> >Confusing, you reported an example that works:
> >
> >http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/new-netfilter-flow-table-based-hnat/12049/30
> >
> >That was in March 2021.
>
> That was a test without ppp/vlan/bridge on my test device (to make
> performance test and looking for bindings on simple setup). Now i'm
> working on my main router where i use pppoe to my isp which needs to
> be encapsulated into a vlan (to separate from voip).
>
> >> In my case i have ppp connection over vlan on wan port.
> >>
> >> ppp8 => wan.110 => wan
> >>
> >> Lan side (bridge) may work,but for ppp it sounds wrong to me.
> >
> >Just add the 'wan' device to the flowtable, as you did back in March.
>
> Ok, i try it...If this works also for traffic routed to the ppp
> interface then it is ok. Forwarding is done from lanbr0 to ppp8
> virtual interfaces not to physical interfaces directly like i've
> done on test in March

Since Linux kernel 3.13-rc, the flowtable is capable of autodetecting
your existing network device configurations. Therefore, you only have
to add the physical devices in the flowtable definition.

The flowtable offload supports for:

- VLAN device.
- Bridge VLAN filtering.
- PPPoE device.
- Bridge device.

and combinations of these devices.

PPPoE over VLAN is also supported, I tested this specifically before
submission upstream.