Re: when will nftables have ability to delete matching rule like iptables?

On 08/03/2021 13:14, Amish wrote:
Hello,

I have few programs that currently use iptables to add / delete firewall rules.

I have been waiting to migrate to nftables from 3-4 years. (I do not want to use nft based iptables)

But roadblock for me is inability of nftables to delete a matching rule. (similart to iptables -D INPUT -s 192.168.1.10 -j ACCEPT)

Obtaining the handle first and then deleting is difficult programmatically.

Have I missed any easy way out here?

Assuming that "-D INPUT -s 192.168.1.10 -j ACCEPT" is indicative of the rules that are being added and removed, the easy way would be to manipulate a set rather than a chain. That also goes for iptables, given the existence of ipset.

--
Kerin Millar